Greater Montreal to Saint John New Brunswick: province #7 (and my new home)

Sooooo... a few blogposts missed, but I am back!

I headed to the 7th province on my list, on the East Coast of Canada. Saint John, New Brunswick is the oldest incorporated city in Canada and was founded by Loyalists fleeing from the US during the American Revolution. It is the only city on the Bay of Fundy (biggest tides in the world) and is home to a branch of the oldest anglophone university in Canada (also founded by the above Loyalists) the University of New Brunswick.

I will begin my position in the College of Business there at the end of August... so I came for a visit to set things up for my big move!

As I set out on the Friday before the two week general holiday in Quebec (construction weeks) it was BUSY driving... then it got peaceful in NB. The nine hours passed quickly and it was quite scenic... I recommend the drive to any of my family and friends who want to visit (after I find a home!).

The day in numbers:

1: time zones crossed - now in Atlantic time which is 4 hours away from BC and which means baseball games start really late

10: hours driven

0: large wildlife seen

3: moments of pure joy with the sunroof open and great music on the radio :)

Observations:

At first driving ten hours was a bit exhausting for me... but with so many long days driving I find it quite manageable. Maybe one time I will head down south instead of East - West. A footnote to the above statistics, I lived in Quebec City for 9 years and it IS an older city, but was not incorporated by the British Crown (obviously) and I got my MBA and PhD from the University Laval (also an older university, but francophone) of which I am very proud to have attended and worked for.

Now for the photos!

A beautiful drive

Bas Saint Lawerence

LOVE the name of this place St Louis du Ha! Ha!

protecting crops (I guess)

Potatoes for lovely chips!

Gorgeous non?

Rolling from land!

Welcome to New Brunswick!


Irving Big Stop (didn't stop)
Job well done!


Curvature of the earth :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Nipigon, Ontario to Portage la Prairie, Manitoba

Review of my 2017 Buick Encore AWD

Day 5: Manitou Beach, Saskatchewan to Cold Lake, Alberta