Planning my trip to visit all 10 provinces in 2017!

Hello!

This blog will follow my adventures as I try to drive to all 10 provinces in 2017 - a year that marks 150 years of Canadian Confederation!

I will be driving my new Buick Encore AWD (because yeah, even in late April you can hit snowstorms in Canada) from Coast to Coast and back! Hopefully doing a bit of sightseeing and lots of friends and family visiting as I go.

The first leg should start next week if all goes well. I will drive from Lorraine, Quebec to Cold Lake, Alberta to visit with my Mom and Dad and brothers family. It will be a looong drive, the longest I have driven... but inshallah it will be super interesting and will allow me with many hours to practise my zen and see what I have been missing about Northern Ontario.

This year also marks the 50th anniversary of my Dad doing much the same trip from Ottawa to Coombs, BC during the Centennial Year in 1967! I will look for a photo when I reach Cold Lake :)


So basically 3,500 km and five provinces - with three time zones.  I could drive through the States and gas would be cheaper and the roads possibly better... but I have never been to Northern Ontario and well, it kind of runs counter to my goal to drive across Canada this year :)

I intend to hit the East Coast this summer and BC during the Western leg of my trip... so fingers crossed this blog has a load of posts by December!

Smile and courage, Connie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Nipigon, Ontario to Portage la Prairie, Manitoba

Review of my 2017 Buick Encore AWD

Day 5: Manitou Beach, Saskatchewan to Cold Lake, Alberta