Packing and preparations!

Tomorrow is (inshallah) departure day! So I am getting everything into suitcases and boxes and even a few bags (those who know me, know I never travel light or arrive empty handed!)

I also decided to get my car washed and vacuumed - best to start the trip with a clean car right? Of course I was surprised to see that the car wash has followed the unicorn trend blindly! Check out this view from the inside:
I promised my nieces they can come the next time I wash the car! #Unicorns
 Now, I had to pack all the weird things I pick up that I know my Mom and Dad like, but are not able to buy in Cold Lake.  First up mushy peas!!!! We LOVE mushy peas :) These are from Norwich.
 Next - anchovy stuffed olives, which if you must know I buy by the case as they are loved by all those with Van Horne blood I think...
 My Mom follows a gluten free diet and this is a new mill in the region. I love oat cakes... so will experiment with this!
 Preserved lemons... my parents are not really fans of Moroccan chicken... but my Mom likes these... so they go in the car too!
 Japanese hot chilli pepper - this is the fault of my friend Kimiko who had Mom try this a few years ago ...
 This is for Sichuan dan dan noodles - which I love and sometimes we all need a bowl of spicy noodles sometimes.


I wish it were not illegal to bring adult beverages across provincial borders. But it is, so I do not have any samples of the AMAZING micro-brews we have in Quebec. None. Not a single bottle. So no available photos.

I also of course have apples (pink lady) and a case of water. Protein bars and wasabi peas and pumpkin seeds... And a case of maple syrup... (this year's "harvest").

So I am excited and yes, a little nervous. But smile and courage :) Adventures are rarely taken on well worn paths!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Nipigon, Ontario to Portage la Prairie, Manitoba

Review of my 2017 Buick Encore AWD

Day 5: Manitou Beach, Saskatchewan to Cold Lake, Alberta