Day 1: Lorraine to Val D'Or

So the trip has begun! Yeah :) All in all a good day of driving... now to relax and get ready for most of Ontario tomorrow!

Day 1 by the numbers:

Km: 499
Time: 5 hours
Wildlife: 0 (I was surprised too)
Roadkill: Lots... even saw a porcupine...
Accidents: 1 (no one injured, but a lumber truck smashed into a guardrail and jackknifed on the side of the road. I arrived headed the opposite direction shortly after it happened)
Hotel/Motel: Comfort Inn (comfy and clean)
Surprise 1: Val D'Or has a multi-ethnic population
Surprise 2: the drive was actually quite scenic

 The accident in my side mirror... no one was hurt, but I felt weird taking a direct photo.
The guard rail saved a nasty and dangerous trip into the lake. I hope the driver is as uninjured as he appeared... 


 There were hundreds of lakes and rivers and small rapids and falls... really nice!

 I liked the pine in the front one the other trees (poplar?) in the back... they bare branches look like silver...

 No more snow!!!

A lot of the same scenery - and I followed an excellent vehicle for about 250 km, which always makes the trip easier! I half fell in love with the driver of this GMC he was driving so well!


The end of the day and the start of the day :) Another longer day tomorrow through Northern Ontario... hope it is as beautiful as today was!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3: Nipigon, Ontario to Portage la Prairie, Manitoba

Review of my 2017 Buick Encore AWD

Day 5: Manitou Beach, Saskatchewan to Cold Lake, Alberta